£21k to £24k – Nottingham
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Europe’s leading purification service provider. If you are the kind of chemist that wants to get stuck in to cutting edge science using the very latest instrumentation in modern, spacious facilities, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About Reach Separations
Reach Separations was founded in 2011 due to the need for quality separation science services in the UK. What started out as a small venture in a tiny laboratory staffed by a single chemist has since grown into Europe’s leading provider of both chiral analysis and purification services. Reach now occupies multiple laboratories at our home in Nottingham’s premier science park – BioCity. Our scientists are industry renowned for their expertise and regularly present our latest advances at conferences all around the world.
What would you be doing?
Initially you’ll be working alongside an experienced separation scientist getting a grounding in the techniques we use everyday. You will be provided with a full training programme delivered by our own scientists and independent training consultants, supplemented by external courses and scientific conferences. Once you take off your waterwings you’ll be able to:
- Analyse and purify a variety of samples from various industry sectors.
- Interpret data and adhere to strict guidelines on documentation standards.
- Accurately report scientific results.
- Be responsible for several methods at once requiring a high degree of productivity and output.
- Use a range of analytical techniques, instrumentation and software.
- Develop new techniques for the analysis of small molecules.
What type of person are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of the underlying principles of chemistry who has the ability to pick up new knowledge quickly. This is likely to be someone with a degree in chemistry, however graduates in closely related disciplines might also fit the bill. The successful candidate will also:
- Have a passion for science and be an enthusiastic learner.
- Enjoy solving challenging scientific problems.
- Be a great team player.
- Possess strong maths, IT and English language skills.
- Have had an interest in STEM subjects since A-levels.
What are the practical details?
- Starting salary : £21,000 to £24,000 dependent on relevant work experience.
- Location : BioCity, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham. NG1 1GF
- Travel time : 5 minutes walk from bus, coach, tram and train stations.
- Start date : Flexible by agreement
- Application deadline : 9th July 2021
- Benefits : 25 days paid holiday, flexible working, performance related bonus, pension, free on site car parking and a fancy free lunch out every month.
Is this the right role for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
If all this appeals to you then please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role, ideally both in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d simply like to know a bit more about Reach Separations or what the role entails you can call Phil Abbott on 0797 9388119 for an informal chat.