Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship
University of Nottingham/Reach Separations
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Europe’s leading purification service provider. If you are the kind of person that wants hands on practical experience in modern, spacious facilities whilst studying for a fully-funded BSc in Chemistry with Industry, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About Reach Separations
Reach Separations was founded in 2011 due to the need for quality separation science services in the UK. What started out as a small venture in a tiny laboratory staffed by a single chemist has since grown into Europe’s leading provider of both chiral analysis and purification services. Reach now occupies multiple laboratories at our home in Nottingham’s premier science park – BioCity. Our scientists are industry renowned for their expertise and regularly present our latest advances at conferences all around the world.
What would you be doing?
As a Laboratory Scientist, you will have a significant role in supporting the Separations Scientists at Reach Separations, whilst concurrently studying for a BSc Chemistry with Industry at the University of Nottingham. Once graduated, you will become a fully-fledged Separations Scientist at Reach Separations.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and guidelines
- Follow all provided standard operation procedures
- Maintain levels of consumable supplies within the labs
- Support Separations Scientists as they work on incoming samples
- Co-ordinate with scientists on the day-to-day requirements in the labs
- Fulfil all academic requirements of your degree course
Typical work activities:
- Analyse and purify a variety of samples from various industry sectors
- Interpret data and adhere to strict guidelines on documentation standards
- Accurately report scientific results
- Be responsible for several methods at once, requiring a high degree of productivity and output
- Use a range of analytical techniques, instrumentation and software
What type of person are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a legitimate interest in a career in science. In order to gain entry on to the degree course, you must hold at least a 6 in GCSE Maths, a 4 or higher in GCSE English and A-Levels at least BBB (including Chemistry). A pass is required in science practical tests, if assessed separately.
What are the practical details?
- Starting salary : £14004 per annum
- Location : BioCity, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham. NG1 1GF
- Travel time : 5 minutes walk from bus, coach, tram and train stations.
- Start date : Flexible by agreement in Summer 2021
- Benefits : 20 days paid holiday, flexible working, pension, free on site car parking and a fancy free lunch out every month.
Is this the right role for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
If all this appeals to you then please submit an application here. For more information, please get in touch at email@example.com.