Laboratory Support Assistant
This position is for an entry level Laboratory Support Assistant, to provide day-to-day support for the general running of Reach Separations’ facilities
About Reach Separations
Reach Separations was founded in 2011 due to the need for quality separation science services in the UK. What started out as a small venture in a tiny laboratory staffed by a single chemist has since grown into Europe’s leading provider of both chiral analysis and purification services. Reach now occupies multiple laboratories at our home in Nottingham’s premier science park – BioCity. Our scientists are industry renowned for their expertise and regularly present our latest advances at conferences all around the world.
Typical duties will include:
- General Laboratory Support
- Primary responsibility for collection of deliveries and appropriate storage of compounds/chemicals/lab consumables.
- Responsible for general lab maintenance tasks, waste streams, lab coats laundry and general housekeeping duties.
- Assisting in the purchase of supplies and materials, maintaining stock levels necessary for the optimal performance of work undertaken in the company.
- May be required to organise shipping samples to clients.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures to ensure quality control.
- Science / Maths / English GCSE grade 5 or equivalent
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate well in a team
- Training will be provided
- Part time hours would be considered
- School day hours would be considered
What are the practical details?
- Starting salary : At least 20% above minimum wage
- Location : BioCity, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham. NG1 1GF
- Travel time : 5 minutes walk from bus, coach, tram and train stations.
- Closing date: 3rd November 2022
Is this the right role for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
If all this appeals to you then please submit an application here. For more information, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.