Quality Control Analyst
£24k to £27k – Nottingham
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Europe’s leading purification service provider. If you are the kind of chemist that wants to get stuck in to cutting edge science using the very latest instrumentation in modern, spacious facilities, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About Reach Separations
Reach Separations was founded in 2011 due to the need for quality separation science services in the UK. What started out as a small venture in a tiny laboratory staffed by a single chemist has since grown into Europe’s leading provider of both chiral analysis and purification services. Reach now occupies multiple laboratories at our home in Nottingham’s premier science park – BioCity. Our scientists are industry renowned for their expertise and regularly present our latest advances at conferences all around the world.
What would you be doing?
Initially you’ll be working alongside an experienced separation scientist getting a grounding in the techniques we use everyday. You will be provided with a full training programme delivered by our own scientists and independent training consultants, supplemented by external courses and scientific conferences. Once you’ve settled in you’ll be able to:
- Manage Reach’s QC lab and delegate purification projects to other scientists
- Develop several analytical methods concurrently
- Accurately report scientific results.
- Use a range of analytical techniques, instrumentation and software.
- Develop new techniques for the analysis of small molecules.
What type of person are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of the underlying principles of chemistry who has the ability to pick up new knowledge quickly. This is likely to be someone with a degree in chemistry, however graduates in closely related disciplines might also fit the bill. Ideally you will have had some experience in an analytical chemistry environment. The successful candidate will also:
- Have a passion for science and be an enthusiastic learner.
- Enjoy solving challenging scientific problems.
- Be a great team player.
- Possess strong maths, IT and English language skills.
- Have had an interest in STEM subjects since A-levels.
What are the practical details?
- Starting salary : £24,000 to £27,000 dependent on relevant work experience.
- Location : BioCity, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham. NG1 1GF
- Travel time : 5 minutes walk from bus, coach, tram and train stations.
- Start date : Flexible by agreement in Spring 2021
- Benefits : 25 days paid holiday, flexible working, performance related bonus, pension, annual salary reviews to ensure all staff remain in the upper quartile remuneration bracket, free on site car parking and a fancy free lunch out every month.
Is this the right role for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
If all this appeals to you then please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role, ideally both in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org