Senior Separations Scientist
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Europe’s leading purification service provider. If you are the kind of chemist that wants to get stuck in to cutting edge science using the very latest instrumentation in modern, spacious facilities, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About Reach Separations
Reach Separations was founded in 2011 due to the need for quality separation science services in the UK. What started out as a small venture in a tiny laboratory staffed by a single chemist has since grown into Europe’s leading provider of both chiral analysis and purification services. Reach now occupies multiple laboratories at our home in Nottingham’s premier science park – BioCity. Our scientists are industry renowned for their expertise and regularly present our latest advances at conferences all around the world.
What would you be doing?
As a Senior Separations Scientist you will have a major role in the running of the laboratories at Reach Separations, the nurturing and development of early career analytical scientists and direction of the scientific advancement within the company. On a daily basis you will be expected to:
- Oversee Separations Scientists and their projects
- Perform complicated separations using HPLC and SFC techniques
- Accurately report scientific results and review those produced by others
- Be responsible for several methods at once, requiring a high degree of productivity and output
- Use a range of analytical techniques, instrumentation and software
- Develop new techniques for the analysis of small molecules
What type of person are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of the underlying principles of chemistry who has had previous experience in analytical and preparative chromatography in an industrial environment, preferably including both SFC and/or chiral separations.
What are the practical details?
- Starting salary : £34,000 to £37,000 dependent on relevant work experience.
- Location : BioCity, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham. NG1 1GF
- Travel time : 5 minutes walk from bus, coach, tram and train stations.
- Start date : Flexible by agreement in Spring 2021
- Benefits : 25 days paid holiday, flexible working, performance related bonus, pension, annual salary reviews to ensure all staff remain in the upper quartile remuneration bracket, free on site car parking and a fancy free lunch out every month.
Is this the right role for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
If all this appeals to you then please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role, ideally both in PDF format, to email@example.com